Senior Product/UX Designer
The manufacturing floor is one of the world’s most essential value-creators, but today’s frontline industrial teams are “getting by” with outdated software that is not designed for their workflows.
We’re tired of watching legacy software drag down these essential workers, so we're building beautiful, powerful, intelligent mobile software for to change that.
In under a year, we've grown build a dedicated team with a loyal customer base that doubles every 1-2 months. Backed by the trusted startup studio Pioneer Square Labs and the Fortune 500 company Fortive Corporation, with customers such as GE Power and Pratt & Whitney, we are well positioned for success.
As part of the Genba team, you will work with a small (but mighty! 💪) group of individuals who share a dedication to enabling an overlooked but important group: the industrial maintenance workforce.
This is an exceptional opportunity to own a critical function at a high-growth company with an inspiring mission. Genba's first mobile app condenses complex industrial workflows into intuitive, polished UX enabled with important technologies such as intelligent algorithms, Speech To Text and media.
UX is one of our strategic core differentiators, both with customers and investors, and a primary vehicle for disrupting a traditionally b2b industry plagued by legacy software. As the the sole Designer (to start), you will own the full product and will be designing Industry 2.0, with your vision being realized every release.
The Genba work environment is agile where there are daily stand-ups and constant communication within each self-managed functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with both Product and Development, along with the rest of the team, is key to the success of the role.
As a Senior Designer at Genba, you will…
- Own and deliver the end-to-end design process for the full product.
- Need strong UX chops and UI polish. This role is a direct report to close collaborator of Co-Founder/Head of Product, who will look to you as a partner and thought leader.
- Have a customer-first philosophy (and a healthy dose of empathy in general)
- Be comfortable with multiple working styles - some User Stories start as early ideas that are fleshed out collaboratively with Product, others will require independent exploration.
- Actively learn about new design trends and concepts to improve the design process and culture at Genba.
- Execute all UI with visual design polish
- Maintain and iterate on design components to drive consistency and reusability throughout the app
- Think about making a difference in the world through beautiful and intuitive UI design solutions.
- Geek out over design systems and patterns.
- Care about continuous personal and professional growth and learning.
What’s it like to work here?
Genba believes deeply in empowering not just industrial workers, but also its own – that’s why we give every employee equity in Genba, are a work-remote company, and give everyone on the team complete autonomy.
- Work anywhere (we are a remote work company)
- Work anytime (you own your schedule)
- Equity for every employee
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Home office stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.