At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce the cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. This is a particularly exciting time to be at GenapSys, as our technology is rapidly approaching market introduction.
We are seeking a Controller to lead the Finance Department. As our Controller. The ideal candidate will lead all accounting operations, technical accounting, compliance, tax, and financial reporting. The ideal candidate is a highly driven, adaptable, results oriented and be able to work well in high stress environments. In addition, we are looking for someone who is well organized, is logical thinking decision-maker and has an analytical, detailed approach to researching and problem solving
- Owning financial close operations, tax, consolidation, revenue recognition and technical accounting
- Financial reporting under both GAAP and managerial frameworks - a successful candidate will be well versed in meeting both requirements, and will "know their audience" for all materials
- Work closely on a daily basis with members of the leadership team on budgeting and forecasting.
- Evaluating new technical accounting developments, create awareness within organization and work with business partners to develop beneficially compliant business recommendations
- Use financial know-how to improve profits and operations, reduce costs, and develop strategies for the company.
- Ensure that the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP
- Manage month-end close processes, including preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Handle system administrator role related to accounting and finance related software
- Manage monthly and quarterly internal management reporting package, including preparing variance and fluctuation analysis
- Manage annual financial audits with our auditors: negotiate project fees and manage deadlines, prepare schedules, compile support, reconcile accounts, maintain relationships with external audit team
- Drive continuous improvement of financial tools, business modeling and financial planning processes that can scale with the Company's growth
- Develop and maintain a monthly reporting package to senior management covering key financial and operational metrics, corporate performance against budgets/forecasts
- Manage the stock administrative function including the calculation of equity-based compensation expense in accordance with ASC 718, experience with Solium software
- Preparation of reports for the Board of Directors, Executive Management and external parties as needed
- BA/BS in business, accounting or related field;
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks, cope with multiple deadlines, dynamically changing and fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing multiple deadlines, strong analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft & Google products; experience working and extracting information from various ERP systems
- Experience implementing and using accounting, finance and equity administration software programs
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the leadership team the responsibility for finance, and a self-starter who can work independently with minimal guidance.
- MBA/CPA preferred
- A minimum of eight years of experience in accounting and finance; experience with a Big 4 or other national accounting firm preferred, ideally in a high-growth start-up
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP, Solium and Zenefits is a plus
- Previous experience in life sciences and technology companies with commercial operations preferred
What we offer:
- An amazing mission for a powerful technology: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and massive growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Genapsys.