At Genapsys we are working to transform the human condition by building an affordable, scalable genomic ecosystem that empowers research and diagnostics. Powered by semiconductor chip-based electronic sequencing technology, our platform will be a modular and accessible system that will enable highly accurate, scalable, and affordable sequencing for a variety of applications. We believe in a world where every researcher and clinician can perform their sequencing on-site, enabling easy and rapid access to actionable insights based on genomic data. Join us and let’s work together to unlock universal access to genomic sequencing.
About the Role:
The Software QA Engineer will be responsible for automating test cases and regression test suites, creating and executing test plans and test cases, and, in general, measuring software quality and improving software development process. This is a great growth opportunity to collaborate with a team of data scientists and software engineers in the field of DNA Sequencing and Bioinformatics. We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company.
- Design, propose, architect, and develop ongoing automated test environments for various software components.
- Assist with manual testing of components that are not easily automated.
- Work with software developers to understand the software and propose a QA plan accordingly.
- Able to add testing infrastructure support for unit test/isolation, limited logging, and selective testing.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, software quality, technical support, and other engineers.
- Adhere to software development and source control processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 5+ yrs of software development or testing experience
- Experienced in building/developing automated testing framework for distributed systems using well-known test frameworks like Python unittest, TestNG, or Google testing framework
- Strong experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience in Unix or Linux environments
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Analytical thinking, good troubleshooting, and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with Git or other source control software and Issue Tracking software e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (Google AppEngine, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with setting up and using Continuous Integration infrastructure e.g. Hudson, Jenkins
- Object-Oriented Analysis/Design/Programming experience
- Experience working with SQL and big data systems
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies
- Experience with testing smart devices
- Experience with customer support
What we offer (US based-employees)*
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $105,000 to $135,000 per year.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Genapsys has a robust COVID-19 prevention plan in order to keep our team members as safe as possible. This plan includes a requirement that all employees, contractors and visitors are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or receive an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to working on site at any Genapsys location. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.