At Genapsys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role
The Logistics Associate at Genapsys is a versatile team player who supports shipping, receiving, material handling, inventory, and assembly. In this role, you’ll gain a wide variety of experience in operations and have the opportunity to work with many departments within the company. This is a cross-functional and collaborative role.
- Verify the accuracy of incoming deliveries, quantity and quality of
- Label incoming product and put away per inventory location and temperature condition requirements
- Staging and preparation of outbound shipments
- Process returns by completing technical documentation and other required communication
- Collaborate with internal departments to locate missing packages, fix incorrect deliveries and replace damaged products
- Maintain supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies
- Maintain accurate count of stock and inventory
- Study assembly instructions, specifications, and parts lists, gather parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component
- Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on assembly equipment; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Document work by completing production and quality forms
- 2+ years of relevant experience in assembly, kitting, material handling, inventory movement preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, cold chain in a GMP environment, strongly preferred
- Proficient in Physical Inventory counts and procedures
- Able to follow detailed work instructions
- Focus and strong attention to detail
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills required, such as knowledge of Google Suite or MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to work as needed to meet tight deadlines and at peak period
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, childcare, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long- and short-term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Genapsys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Genapsys has a robust COVID-19 prevention plan in order to keep our team members as safe as possible. This plan includes a requirement that all employees, contractors and visitors are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or receive an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to working on site at any Genapsys location. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.