At Genapsys we are working to transform the human condition by building an affordable, scalable genomic ecosystem that empowers research and diagnostics. Powered by semiconductor chip-based electronic sequencing technology, our platform will be a modular and accessible system that will enable highly accurate, scalable, and affordable sequencing for a variety of applications. We believe in a world where every researcher and clinician can perform their sequencing on-site, enabling easy and rapid access to actionable insights based on genomic data. Join us and let’s work together to unlock universal access to genomic sequencing.
About the Role:
The Senior Product Manager or Product Manager-NGS Automation position will work with a cross functional team to help drive the product vision and product management process for our next generation sequencing product. In this role, you will help the company realize the product vision by gathering and analyzing customer requirements for NGS platforms and working collaboratively with a cross-functional team to drive the product vision towards the company mission.
- Manage product lifecycle
- Develop product roadmaps and go to market strategy
- Utilize knowledge of NGS and lab automation to lead product definition and contribute to product specifications based on VoC
- Always be the Voice of Customer in core teams to ensure products meet or exceed customer expectations
- Collect customer feedback and contribute to VoC projects to identify new product ideas and product enhancements. Translate customer feedback into user and product requirements.
- Manage product requirements in coordination with instrument, reagent and software teams
- Be able to prioritize requirements based on customer needs, technology fit and business objectives
- Perform NGS market, competitive analysis, market segmentation to drive product positioning decisions that are aligned with d the company’s strategic objectives.
- Drive internal product improvements to improve customer satisfaction
- Develop voice of customer program
- Conduct, analyze, and report Voice of Customer interviews
- Engage with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure product meets customer requirements and market needs
- Maintain key partner and customer relationships
- Work with program management to help define deliverables that have market requirements
- Develop strategy for custom solutions
- Manage external validation program with KOLs
- Develop go-to-market strategy and tactics to ensure a successful launch. Develop and implement positioning and messaging, pricing & promotion, sales collateral, training materials and other sales enablement programs to achieve revenue targets
- Graduate level degree (MS, or PhD) in life sciences or related field (molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, immunology, bioengineering or chemical engineering preferred);
- 2+ years of relevant experience in product management, market development management, or related position with track record in achieving revenue growth or 5+ years of R&D experience. For the Senior role, 3-5+ years relevant Product Management experience in similar market space.
- Industry experience within life sciences, or related fields with a preference for NGS.
- Solid knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing products and workflows with an ability to understand market trends, market segmentation, customer needs, technologies, and competitor products
- Effective and clear verbal & written communication skills
- A collaborative team player that can engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong presentation, documentation, and organizational skills
- Excel in a multidisciplinary and collaborative team environment
- 1-2 years experience in a core or large laboratory setting helping to automate various research workflows, especially in enabling and/or automating NGS workflows. 3-5 years for Senior role.
- 1-2 years experience with sample preparation, NGS library preparation, sequencing platforms, and bioinformatics analysis. 3-5 years for Senior role.
- Served as product manager on an instrument product that was integrated with laboratory automation platforms
- Product management experience for a commercially launched life science RUO instrument, especially in the NGS segment.
- Previous customer facing technical experience (e.g. implementation scientist, FAS, etc.)
- Previous experience working in entrepreneurial or startup environment
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $104,000 to $160,000 per year.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. Genapsys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Genapsys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Genapsys has a robust COVID-19 prevention plan in order to keep our team members as safe as possible. This plan includes a requirement that all employees, contractors and visitors are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or receive an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to working on site at any Genapsys location. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.