At Genapsys we are working to transform the human condition by building an affordable, scalable genomic ecosystem that empowers research and diagnostics. Powered by semiconductor chip-based electronic sequencing technology, our platform will be a modular and accessible system that will enable highly accurate, scalable, and affordable sequencing for a variety of applications. We believe in a world where every researcher and clinician can perform their sequencing on-site, enabling easy and rapid access to actionable insights based on genomic data. Join us and let’s work together to unlock universal access to genomic sequencing.
About the Role:
The Analog / Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer is a Senior level position that will work on the analog/mixed-signal circuits for Genapsys’ next-generation DNA sequencing chips. This position will support the architecture, design, and validation of our next generation of micro-array CMOS chips and will actively take part in scaling this key component of our sequencing platform to the next level of integration.
- Support micro-architecture development of our next-generation DNA sequencing micro-array CMOS chip
- IC design, layout, and validation of analog/mixed-signal blocks, at component level as well as chip top-level
- Develop architecture of scalable, low-power, low-noise Analog front-end
- MS with 5+ years of industry experience, OR Ph.D. with 2+ years of industry experience with a focus on Analog/Mixed-signal IC design
- Solid understanding of CMOS device characteristics, noise, mismatch, linearity, and other analog impairments
- Experience designing analog blocks such as op-amp, reference/bias generation, switched-cap circuits
- Experience designing analog/mixed-signal IPs such as ADC, DAC, or PLL
- Experience with advanced CMOS process (65nm and below)
- Experience with Cadence design environment
- Experience with developing Verilog-A models for mixed-mode verification
- Successful track record in delivering analog/mixed-signal IPs with 1st-time success while meeting tight schedules
- Results-driven, detail-oriented and methodical
- Ability to work collaboratively with people across multiple functional areas
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are a must
- Experience designing CMOS image sensors, especially low-noise analog front end
- Experience in analog top-level chip assembly and top-level mixed-mode verification
- Knowledge of Verilog RTL and Digital IC design flow
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation, and parking expenses
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary), and an employee assistance program
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Genapsys has a robust COVID-19 prevention plan in order to keep our team members as safe as possible. This plan includes a requirement that all employees, contractors and visitors are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or receive an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to working on site at any Genapsys location. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.