At Genapsys we are working to transform the human condition by building an affordable, scalable genomic ecosystem that empowers research and diagnostics. Powered by semiconductor chip-based electronic sequencing technology, our platform will be a modular and accessible system that will enable highly accurate, scalable, and affordable sequencing for a variety of applications. We believe in a world where every researcher and clinician can perform their sequencing on-site, enabling easy and rapid access to actionable insights based on genomic data. Join us and let’s work together to unlock universal access to genomic sequencing.
About the Role:
The Senior Scientist, NGS Applications will make a direct impact on the development of exciting Genomic Applications for the Research and Clinical markets. This position will drive the advancement and adoption of Genapsys’ breakthrough NGS platform. This position requires the willingness to roll up their sleeves and work hard to push product development forward. The Scientist will report to the Director of Sequencing and will work closely with experts in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Chemistry and Engineering.
- Implement novel and existing NGS applications
- Develop, optimize and perform NGS workflow steps, including sample preparation, library preparation, amplification and sequencing
- Drive NGS Technology Development in a cross-disciplinary setting, including improving NGS workflow steps
- Data driven - critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data, esp. NGS data, using standard and custom NGS bioinformatics tools
- Independently design experimental plans, execute experiments, perform in-depth data analysis, and present results and conclusions for internal review. Demonstrate exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or related field with expertise in Genomics, Next Generation Sequencing, Genetics
- 3+ years of industry or academic postdoctoral experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with nucleic acid and sample preparation technologies, NGS assay development, and current sequencing technologies
- In-depth knowledge and experience with NGS applications in one or more areas: Oncology, Metagenomics, Transcriptomics (RNA-seq), ChIP-seq, Multiplex Amplicon panels, Resequencing
- An analytical approach to problem solving, e.g. experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, such as Excel, Matlab, JMP
- Experience in commercial NGS product development
- Experience in Technology Development in a cross-disciplinary environment, preferably experience working with instrumentation and automation
- Experience with genomic databases and standard bioinformatics tools, preferably with custom analysis tools using Matlab, Python, R
- Demonstrated independence in leading projects and trouble-shooting, and working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Genapsys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Genapsys has a robust COVID-19 prevention plan in order to keep our team members as safe as possible. This plan includes a requirement that all employees, contractors and visitors are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or receive an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to working on site at any Genapsys location. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.