At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The Research Associate will support Product Development and Product Transfer of the Genapsys Platform by collaborating with engineers, chemists and scientists across the company. This role is an integral part of building the capability to produce the Genapsys Chip Platform in different ways, going beyond the current limitations to form the best intersection of electronic sensing and molecular biology. This work will enable the next generation of Genapsys’s platforms, increasing sensing capability and extending our applications beyond genetic sequencing.
- Design, execute, document, and analyze bio-chemical process development experiments.
- Optimize novel workflows associated with the GenapSys platform.
- Help drive productivity increases through technological insights, exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
- Collaborate well within a multidisciplinary team and organization.
- Follow and develop well-documented SOPs.
- Prepare and present neat presentations of research data, updates and findings.
- Masters or Bachelors with such as Biological Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or other related fields. Work experience in a field is preferred.
- Experience with spin-coating, wafer level development, surface adhesion/chemistry, molecular biology is preferred.
- Proven ability to solve scientific and engineering problems.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills and efficient at getting task done
- Ambitious and looking to take on additional responsibilities
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!