At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior General Ledger Accountant. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of attention to detail as well as the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities. The position is a vital member of our growing organization and interacts with many departments. This role has opportunities to grow along with the company's expansion.
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Functional knowledge of accounting for cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, leases, accrued expenses, accrued payroll, debt, and warrants.
- Preparation, review and posting of monthly journal entries to the general ledger
- Invoice review, payments, vendor management, and assistance with prepaid and accrued expenses
- Maintain and update the Fixed Asset and Depreciation schedules
- Prepare Bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Record all credit card transactions and Prepare Credit Card reconciliations for all corporate credit cards
- Preparation of US payroll and benefits related journal entries
- Process benefits bills and reconcile New Hires and terminations
- Reconcile FSA balances monthly
- Actively involved in monthly close process including financial analysis and financial reporting
- Prepare month end reporting package for management’s review
- Key team member in supporting annual audits and tax return working with external auditors and tax consultants
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet departmental and business needs
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting and ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- 5 years minimum relevant experience in accounting
- Strong computer skills and experience with accounting software packages; proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Mix of both private and public companies.
- Advanced working knowledge of financial system, including process flow improvements highly desirable.
- MBA/CPA candidate preferred
- Private and Public biotechnology industry experience
- NetSuite highly preferred
- Stampli, Concur, ADP experience is a bonus
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is:$74,000 to $101,000 per year.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!