At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The Senior Payroll Analyst will prepare and manage the organization's payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Position is fully remote in the United States.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Assists in the equity administration process alongside the controller
- Administers 401K and ER matching and reconcile quarterly and annually
- Records payroll entries to the General Ledger in addition to benefits vendor bills
- Monthly Reconciliations of FSA and PTO balances
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Having an eye for process improvements and recommendations in a fast growing dynamic organization
- Being open to other tasks and side projects as needed to support the finance function in a start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- Five years of related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Private and public experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Proficient with ADP payroll software
- We’re a small group so having a great personality is a huge plus
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed
- Passion for making a difference in the world
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $35.06 to $48.08 per hour.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!