At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The Accounts Payable specialist will help to control and monitor our expenses and process payments timely, verify invoices, and perform account reconciliations. This position is fully remote in the United States.
- Processing vendor bills for three-way match against purchase orders and receipts.
- Financially code accurately all vendor bills accordingly and charge the proper department.
- Review expense reports against travel policy and record expenses in the proper period.
- Prepare payment runs and make sure vendors are paid according to terms in a timely manner.
- Reconcile AP Aging reports between Netsuite and Stampli.
- Verifying vendor accounts, paying vendors, and resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Issuing purchase order amendments and stop payments.
- Reconciling account transactions with the general ledger including setting up Prepaid amortizations.
- Monthly reconciliation of Corp credit cards. Maintains accurate back-up in accordance with IRS guidelines.
- Ad hoc expense reports as needed by management.
- Drive 1099 process by producing 1099's for all vendors/payees.
- Assist with financial statement audit – prepare schedules, compile support for audit selections and other audit related activities
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet departmental and business needs
- Having an eye for process improvements and recommendations in a fast growing dynamic organization.
- Being open to other tasks and side projects as needed to support the finance function in a start-up environment.
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in accounting, finance, or related.
- At least 2 years experience as an accounts payable specialist, or similar.
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP, Stampli, Concur and intermediate Excel skills preferred
- Extensive experience in account reconciliation.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20 to $27 per hour.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!