At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The People and Culture Associate / Human Resource Assistant will be an integral part of the People and Culture team. In this position, you will help organize, coordinate and assist with carrying out a variety of projects and tasks within the People and Culture team. This includes assisting cross-functionally with learning and development, employee relations, talent acquisition, benefits, new hire onboarding, and HRIS management, and all other People and Culture work areas and initiatives. This role will be responsible for tracking and maintaining employee data and must have the highest standards of confidentiality. You will also help maintain positive employee relations and work to ensure worker satisfaction through education of HR policies and by fostering a positive work environment. Some office management and clerical duties may also be required. You should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and most importantly, personable and approachable. Strong computer skills are also a must. This will be an on site role in our Redwood City office.
- Support the HR Team in educating employees on and enforcing company policies
- Assist with new-hire procedures: assisting in organizing new hire orientation, creating new employee files, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Help with benefits open enrollment and related events
- Organize, maintain, and update employee HRIS information as needed
- Make sure all employee records, both new and old are filed correctly and kept confidential
- Abide by company-enforced HR processes and current employment laws and regulations
- Be a vital source of human resources information, answering any questions employees may have or directing them to the appropriate person.
- Assist the managing the Redwood City, California office
- Assist in planning and facilitating company events
- Roll up your sleeves: from ad-hoc administrative work to program design and roll-out, you're ready to jump in and do what it takes to support our People programs
- Foster positive employee relations and work to solve any employee issues that surface
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Human Resources work
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role
- Highly organized and efficient worker; skilled at multitasking with effective time-management skills
- Positive and personable demeanor with the ability to handle stressful situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent collaborator and attentive listener
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Understanding, empathetic, and incredibly detail-oriented with superior organizational skills, and great follow-through on tasks
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
- Reliable and personable; enjoy working with a diverse range of individuals and ensuring employee requirements and needs are met first
What we offer (US based-employees)*
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!