At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a talented and organized team player to join our fast-paced startup as an IT Specialist with the opportunity to continue learning how to lead in the IT space. S/he will help manage on-site servers and network infrastructure and support our internal customers with high quality, rapid IT service. S/he will apply technical skills and creativity in support of our scientific research and development for GenapSys DNA Next Gen Sequencing (NGS) platform.
- Design customer service program in support of IT operations and systems integration
- Integrate business systems and other company IT solutions; provide hands-on support
- Build and maintain IT training program and ensure employee compliance
- Provide IT Desktop Support and help employees with hardware and software installation
- Create and implement smooth onboarding process for growing company
- Organize and solidify data management across shared drives and other data management tools
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- Write automation scripts for a variety of administrative functions
- Maintain server backups and validation of backups in support of business needs
- Work with Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewall and other network appliances
- Provide on-call support as required for all server and network technical issues
- Develop and help manage IT technical documentation, manuals and daily use IT policies
- Create customer experience and provide timely response to employee IT escalations
- Partner with cybersecurity experts on vulnerability assessments and necessary implementations
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Certification in IT
- 2+ years of working in IT Operations or Customer Support
- Resourcefulness, critical thinking and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent working knowledge and hands-on experience on managing computer systems and servers, security, network, system administration, database and data storage systems.
- Customer service experience, preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft windows 2008/2012 server’s administration
- 2+ years of experience managing and configuring hypervisors (VMWare VCenter, VSphere )
- 2+ years of experience managing Linux servers, mainly ubuntu
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with GSuite admin is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud and AWS administration is a plus
- Experience working with Managed IT service providers is a plus
- MCSE , CCNA certification is a plus
- Experience with Syncade, Aerna or EpiCor.
- Experience with git/svn is a plus
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python and Bash) is a major plus
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $70,080 to $126,000 per year.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!