At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
About the Role:
The Senior Process Development Engineer will work on developing fabrication processes in fabrication and assembly houses to build sequencing chips. The position will have close interaction and collaboration with core teams focused on polymer, surface chemistry, sensor design, clonal amplification, bioinformatics and sequencing optimization. This position supports the design and validation of our next generation of micro-array CMOS/Sensors chips and will actively take part in scaling this key component of our sequencing platform to the next level of integration.
- Develop wafer functionalization, coat and litho processes, define technical requirements and process development plan
- Improve, manage, wafer fabrication and surface functionalization processes
- Construct and execute controlled experiments to optimize processes to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance
- Design process Travelers and Work Instructions with clear instructions
- Provide support on transferring process to manufacturing Fabrication houses to address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions into a production environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams from Research, Surface Chemistry, Molecular Biology and Engineering to drive interface studies between substrates and surface chemistry
- Participate in device test data reviews, analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations
- MS or PhD in Science or Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Nanoengineering or related discipline
- 5-10 years’ industry experience with demonstrated ability in nanoscale device development, nano-/micro-fabrication (or semiconductor processing), with at least five years of direct experience with lithography and thin film processing and development, Experience with and MEMS device development, microelectronic semiconductor fabrication and processing
- Strong design of experiment (DOE) and statistical data analysis background
- Self-driven team player with attention to detail and analytical problem-solving skills, that can work well in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary industrial environment
- Experience in mask design and with mask design software
- Experience with the operation of nanofabrication equipment including: photolithographic stepper, coater, metal deposition, dry etching, SEM, plasma deposition equipment as well as dicing, hybridization, pick and place, lap and polishing, and metrology equipment
- Experience with creating reports, document tests, and creating and reviewing process documentation
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed
- Passion for making a difference in the world
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!