At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for an experienced thought leader and problem solver to join our fast-paced organization as Principal Security Engineer to lead, guide and implement security solutions for our information technology, Cloud platform, software applications in support of our innovative Genomics platform.
Remote candidates based in the United States, as well as those based in the greater Redwood City, CA area, are encouraged to apply. This position reports to the Director of Cloud Engineering.
- Architect, Design and implement security policies, strategies, best practices and security solutions globally for cloud platforms (GCP, AWS), software applications and IT systems.
- Implement security measures in web applications (Front-end, API’s, back-end systems, and DB design), network, cloud architectures, and platforms.
- Architect, Design and implement periodic security risk assessments, IT security audits, and DevSecOps
- Analyze, design and implement global data security policies, and solutions including data privacy, data classification, data integrity and GDPR
- Administer and monitor authentication and access controls in Cloud using IAM and in IT systems
- Enable Legal and compliance requirements for Cloud applications & platform, IT systems and on-premise environment.
- Design and implement SSO and adaptive MFA for the organization, workforce, software applications and devices using Ping Identity
- B.S. in computer science with Information Security, Cyber Security or B.S in Information Security, Cyber Security or related field
- 12+ years of experience in security engineering or related field
- Preferable that the candidate has one or more Security certifications (e.g. Certified Information System Security Professional - CISSP, Certified Information Security Manager - CISM, Certified Cloud Security Professional - CCSP)
- Experience on cloud security (GCP, AWS), network security, application security, including threat modeling and web application security including protocols like SAML, OATH
- Prior experience with IPS/IDS, SIEM, firewalls and proxies
- Experience of security risk assessment, audit and remediation
- Knowledge/understanding of networking protocols, topologies, and services
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Working experience in the life sciences industry or highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of ISO27001 compliance, GDPR and HIPAA regulations
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, influencer and an effective communicator
- Are passionate about making systems more secure
- Are able to think like a hacker and push existing systems to their limits to identify vulnerabilities to plan and implement architectural changes to boost security
- Are excited by an opportunity to make an impact on Security Operations and make it a success
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $144,200 to $180,000 per year.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!