At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The Principal Back-End Engineer will support our software team and fast-paced organization to architect, design, develop and implement scalable software solutions on GCP and AWS in support of our innovative Genomics platform.
Remote candidates in the United States, as well as those based in the Redwood City, CA area, are encouraged to apply. You will report to the Director of Cloud Engineering.
- Work with a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment with focus on API, back-end solution and persistence (DB and Objects).
- Architect, design and develop APIs and server-side solutions on GCP and AWS, based on industry best practices.
- Design of client-server, microservices based distributed scalable architectures.
- Architect, Design, Develop, Implement and manage applications and databases to address functionality, usability, maintainability, security, scalability and optimized performance.
- Be able to evaluate different frameworks, architectures and design principles and able to select and implement the most effective solution
- Be able to design effective testing strategies and provide guidance on automation techniques.
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Minimum 12 years of experience as a software professional with experience in back-end application architecture (including API’s and databases), design and development or similar roles.
- Experience architecting, designing and developing API, microservices and back-end applications and integrating with web applications.
- Knowledge of algorithms to optimize search, enhance parallel execution, and enable restart
- Hands-on coding experience with knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g., Python), frameworks (e.g.Django, Flask, Angular, React, Node.js) and dbs (e.g. MySQL, NoSQL (e.g.MongoDB)) including partitioning and sharding, and web servers (e.g. Apache).
- Excellent working knowledge of Public cloud (GCP, AWS) and ability to program and deploy applications to GCP and AWS with Cloud Native application development skills (Cloud Functions, Pub-Sub etc,.) incorporating best security practices
- Experience in writing utilities and reusable functions for data management, log management, queue management, workflow processing and error handling capabilities using Agile methodologies.
- Experience in designing multi-tenanted, scalable, secure solutions optimized for time, space and cost using global API’s and universal data access mechanisms for creating fault-tolerant, highly available and reliable systems
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- Working experience in the life sciences industry.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in technology and cloud computing
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Are scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the world with a spirit of innovation
What we offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $160,000 to $208,000 per year.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!