At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The Senior Instrument Software Engineer is an integral part of our Instrument Software team. In this role, you'll be tasked with developing software that runs on different GenapSys hardware platforms, including our DNA sequencers and clonal amplification instruments.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception to deployment and support.
As an Instrument Software Engineer, you should be comfortable with Python, third-party libraries & tools, Linux, and familiar with computer hardware. You should also be an energetic, team player with a knack for improving the status quo and be familiar with Agile methodologies.
- Design, document, implement, test, and integrate instrument software that runs on our hardware platforms and interfaces with different fluidic, pneumatic, and electronic hardware as well as our proprietary semiconductor-based DNA sequencing chip.
- Design and implement software tools.
- Review code and documentation created by other team members.
- Maintain and support the production software that runs on GenapSys hardware platforms.
- Participate in cross-functional projects with scientists, engineers, support teams, and others.
- Adhere to coding standard, software development, and source control processes.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent majors
- Years of experience: 5+ years
- Extensive Experience in Python and numpy
- Extensive Experience in Linux system programming and shell scripting
- Experience working with networking stack
- Object-Oriented Analysis/Design/Programming experience
- Working knowledge of source control & defect tracking systems, computer hardware, and virtualization
- Attention to detail with organizational skills and an analytical mind with great problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills
- Motivated and results-oriented attitude
- Familiarity with multithreading
- Experience in developing web services and/or applications
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- Biotech device programming experience
What we offer (US based-employees)*
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!