At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The Principal Full Stack Engineer will architect, design, develop and implement cloud-based scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Remote candidates, as well as those based in the greater Redwood City, CA area, are encouraged to apply. You will report to the Director of Cloud Engineering.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Develop client-side, API and server-side architecture, based on industry best practices.
- Evaluate appropriate frameworks for solution development. Be able to evaluate different frameworks and select the most appropriate framework.
- Design the solution to address functionality, usability, maintainability, scalability and optimized performance.
- Be able to evaluate different architectures and design principles and able to select the most effective solution
- Design and Develop the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Design and Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Design and Write effective APIs.
- Be able to design effective test strategy and provide guidance on automation techniques.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Write technical documentation.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software quality, performance and scalability.
- Minimum 12 years of experience as a software professional with experience in scalable full-stack application architecture, design and development or similar role.
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Experience developing web applications, API, microservices and back-end applications.
- Familiarity with common stacks.
- Knowledge of algorithms for search optimization, efficient DB modeling and data access etc,.
- Software, Application, integration and microservices architecture and design experience
- Hands-on coding experience
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design.
- Excellent working knowledge of Public cloud (GCP, AWS) and ability to program and deploy applications to GCP and AWS.
- Cloud Native application development skills (Cloud Functions, Pub-Sub etc,.)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Great attention to detail with organizational skills and an analytical mind.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- Working experience in the life sciences industry.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in technology and cloud computing
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Are scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the world
- Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is:$160,000 to $208,000 per year.
Compensation for this role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience and geographic location, and may fall outside of the range shown. GenapSys offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, holiday pay and a broad range of other benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!