At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies.
As our new Senior Research Associate you will join our Applications team and report to the Director of Sequencing. This individual will be eager and enthusiastic, and someone who wants to take on many responsibilities. In essence, this position requires someone who is able and willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to push product development forward. This is a particularly exciting time to be at GenapSys as our technology is rapidly approaching market introduction!
- Develop, optimize and perform NGS Platform workflow steps, including sample preparation, library preparation, clonal amplification and sequencing.
- Develop and optimize novel and existing NGS applications.
- Design, execute, and document experiments carefully. Critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data, including NGS data analysis.
- Help drive productivity increases through technological insights, exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization.
- Follow and develop well-documented SOPs.
- Relevant education background: BS or MS in a field such as Genetics, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biomedical engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- M.S. or B.S. with 3+ years of industry or academic experience.
- Strong hands-on experience with standard nucleic acid techniques, PCR/ isothermal amplification, and molecular biology assay development.
- Experience with current NGS technologies and NGS application development in one or more areas: Oncology, Metagenomics, Transcriptomics, Multiplex amplicon panels, etc.
- Experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, standard bioinformatics tools, and programming languages such as Matlab, Python, R etc.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills, and efficiency at getting tasks done on schedule.
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance.
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours.
- Free complex onsite gym membership.
- Learning and growth opportunities.
- Casual, but high-performing work environment.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Genapsys.