At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we have launched our first product.
About the Role:
As the Vice President of Marketing at GenapSys, you will lead the development and execution of the Company’s corporate and product marketing and communication programs in support of GenapSys’ strategic, commercial, and financial objectives. This role will be a key part of our leadership team and report to the CEO.
- Lead global Strategic and Tactical marketing, with planning and execution of all aspects of successful product launches, including:
- Product and system definitions, including customer requirements.
- Beta and Early Adopter site management.
- Selection of key applications.
- Forecasting and demand planning.
- Tactical marketing.
- Field applications and Customer support.
- Working with sales, driving revenues of systems and consumables.
- Play a key role in the product development process, including:
- Working directly with end users to understand feedback, solve problems and provide information to the development teams at GenapSys for product improvement.
- Support new product development from proof of concept to commercialization defining customer and product requirements, managing product launches and developing value propositions.
- Oversee business development activities, including:
- Defining strategy for partners including commercial collaborators (e.g. distribution, marketing), application developers and end users.
- Cultivate, negotiate and manage external relationships that will benefit the business.
- Build and manage a strong team to support commercial activities
- Define and hire for key roles to expand the commercial function.
- Previous experience launching successful life sciences products, preferably in next generation sequencing, with demonstrated abilities in strategic product management.
- Strong customer focus including the ability to define customer requirements from a diverse customer base.
- Comfort with highly technical products and strong technical knowledge of genomics, next generation DNA sequencing, and molecular biology products; Masters or PhD level degree in Engineering, Life Sciences or Chemistry a plus.
- Proven ability to think strategically while also being hands-on and action-oriented in a rapidly growing team.
- Experience cultivating and managing external partners, including familiarity with legal contracts.
- Experience creating and managing budgets and product forecasts.
- Experience building and managing teams.
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships with operations, R&D and finance teams; manage multiple stakeholders; and resolve conflict within teams.
- Ability to present technical information and business related material to diverse audiences, including customers, partners and board-level.
- Innovative, driven, results-oriented and methodical, with a record of achievement.
- Experience with start-up environments is a plus.
Bonus points if:
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator.
- Are scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the world.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!