At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is an extremely exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
The Software QA Engineer will be responsible for creating and executing test plans and test cases, automate test cases and regression test suites, and, in general, for measuring software quality and improving software development process. This is a great growth opportunity to collaborate with a team of data scientists and software engineers in the field of DNA Sequencing and Bioinformatics. We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company.
- Design, Propose, Architect, and Develop ongoing automated test environments for various software components.
- Assist with manual testing for those components that are not easily automated.
- Work with software developers to understand the software and propose a QA plan accordingly.
- Able to add testing infrastructure support for unit test/isolation, Limited logging and selective testing.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, software quality, technical support and other engineers.
- Adhere to software development and source control processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 5+ yrs of software development or testing experience.
- Experienced in building/developing automated testing framework for distributed systems using well-known test frameworks like Python unittest, TestNG or Google testing framework.
- Strong experience with Python, BASH, or other scripting languages.
- Experienced in Unix or Linux environment.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins).
- Experience working with SQL and big-data systems, e.g. Hadoop, Storm, Spark etc is a plus.
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail.
- Experience in working with Git or other source control software, and Issue Tracking software e.g. Jira, Bugzilla etc.
Bonus Points If:
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (Google AppEngine, AWS, Azure etc.).
- Experience with setting up and using Continuous Integration infrastructure e.g. Hudson, Jenkins.
- Object-Oriented Analysis/Design/Programming experience.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!