At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
- Design, perform, and document experiments involving DNA polymerase and other enzymes using standard molecular biology tools as well as GenapSys-proprietary instrumentation and reagents.
- Critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
- Scientist with outstanding expertise in genomics, molecular biology, Next Generation Sequencing, or related fields.
- Demonstrated expertise in protein expression and purification.
- Ability to rapidly gain insight by reading, understanding, and summarizing relevant research literature.
- Ability to independently design, interpret, and communicate experiments with appropriate negative and positive controls.
Bonus Points If:
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of industry or academic postdoctoral experience.
- Experience with cloning and expression plasmid construction.
- Experience with protein engineering methods.
- Experience with DNA polymerase enzymology.
- Experience with in-vitro homologous recombination systems.
- Experience with NGS assay development and current sequencing technologies.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the NGS field.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!