At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company in the role of Technician. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, hard-working and have a passion for developing a reliable, high-quality DNA sequencing product in an effort to build something different that can impact medical research and patient care.
- Generate reagents to support the research staff and commercialization of the product.
- Define technical requirements for reagents and generate data to support the specifications that are established and used for incoming QC.
- Maintains, Repairs and Troubleshoots product issues in a research and development environment.
- Transfer analytical methods and manufacturing processes to Contract Manufacturers.
- Identifies quality issues and work with contract manufacturers to resolve root cause and countermeasures.
- Create or update work instructions and maintenance logs.
- Monitors reagent performance and reacts in a timely manner to routine and urgent maintenance requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while handling multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, with self-directed work skills.
- Establishes and maintains good housekeeping standards in all work areas and maintain meticulous records.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in biology, molecular biology, chemistry or a similar field and 5+ years related experience in the biological sciences or molecular biology.
- Extensive experience in a molecular biology, biochemistry and reagent development
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication of technical material.
- Experience in data collection and analysis.
- Experience working in a GMP, operations or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Adequate experience in Windows, Microsoft Office.
- Result oriented – has a track record for delivery results, takes ownership and being accountable.
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!