At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for a self-driven research associate to join our system integration team. This individual will be eager and enthusiastic, and someone who wants to take on many responsibilities while helping other scientists in the team to advance the technology. Relying on their vast background in molecular biology and engineering, this person will perform experiments to improve the performance of the system and work on the future product development. This is a particularly exciting time to be at GenapSys as our technology is rapidly approaching market introduction! If you are someone intrigued by the prospect of bringing new technologies to the market, curious about the science behind innovative technologies and a problem solver with ambition to make the impossible possible, this is the job for you.
You will find GenapSys a very collaborative environment where people work on stimulating challenges together.
- Participate in development and optimization of NGS Platform workflow steps, in order to improve the existing performance of our NGS platform.
- Participate in short-term and long-term exploratory studies of assay development on Genapsys platforms.
- Plan and execute experiments, perform in-depth data analysis and present results and conclusions for internal review, and evaluate the research of peers.
- Research innovative techniques and assays in the NGS field and their applications to a novel sensor array.
- Compile information and results into meaningful formats to ensure content is appropriately represented; maintain records and data analysis information.
- Manage laboratory activity including usage, equipment/equipment maintenance, supplies.
- Plans schedule according to variety of methods to be used, availability and quantity of resources
- Preferably BS with 2+ years of industry experience or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, e.g. PCR, isothermal amplification,protein detection assays (ELISA, Bradford Assay, etc), and cell culture (DNA/RNA extraction, growth curves, etc)
- Strong hands-on experience with using and troubleshooting instrumentations specially prototype lab instruments is preferred.
- Experience with NGS platforms is preferred.
- Experience in documenting procedures and writing up SOPs is preferred.
- Communication and time management skills
- Proficient in using computers with Windows Operating System including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills, and efficiency at getting tasks done in time
Bonus points if:
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environment and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Are scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the world
- Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!