At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is an extremely exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
You will work with a team to do development, deployment and operation of GenHub which provides our customers a web portal to access their sequencing runs as well as conducting secondary and tertiary DNA sequencing analysis on a GenapSys-hosted cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to put your stamp on deploying GenapSys' multi-cloud DNA sequencing solution on a global scale. You will be based out of our Redwood City, CA office and report to the Director, Cloud Engineering.
- Implement and operate a reliable, scalable, and cost efficient GenapSys cloud solution.
- Implement security measures into web application as well as Cloud and local network.
- Ensure maximum uptime of cloud hosted environments, including production, staging, testing and development environments.
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the infrastructure.
- provide technical guidance, standards, knowledge and understanding of processes, and tools to deliver Internet facing products and services.
- Ownership and support of configuration management and deployment automation tools on GCP and AWS.
- Ownership and support of network and web applications monitoring tools .
- Assist in monitoring and controlling spend rate.
- B.S. in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience managing complex cloud infrastructure and web applications.
- Must have advanced knowledge of GCP and AWS from an administrative and usability perspective.
- 3+ years knowledge of networking technology including subnetting, layers of the OSI model, and load balancing.
- Experience with Google Cloud : IAM, GKE,GCS,Stackdriver,VPC and AWS:IAM,VPC,EC2,S3,ECS, Route53.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in Shell and/or Python scripting.
- Significant CI/ CD experience with Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Hands on experience with containerized deployment with Docker and Kubernetes.
- A proven track record of running web applications with high reliability at scale.
- Extensive experience with Cloud security.
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of IT best practices and how to use technology to address program opportunities.
Bonus points if you:
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator.
- Are passionate about making systems more efficient, more reliable, and more secure.
- Are scrappy and willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Are excited by an opportunity to make an impact at a global scale on Technical Operations and make it a success.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!