At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
As our new Buyer/Planner ,you will support R&D, manufacturing operations and indirect procurement needs and have the skills to successfully collaborate with internal and external business partners.
Some key areas of impact you will have in the first year include driving meaningful contributions to sourcing, planning, cost reductions, cost containment and cost avoidance, approved vendor optimization and risk mitigation. You will report to the Director of Operations.
- Utilize MRP (Netsuite) for the procurement and planning of materials to ensure timely availability of material for R&D and production while controlling costs and inventory levels.
- Make parameter adjustments to ensure that MRP planning is based on the needs of the business (i.e. minimum orders quantities, safety stock, lead times, etc.).
- Manage purchase orders by implementing the appropriate actions in the supply chain as driven by changes in the production schedule (expedite, defer, cancel, etc.).
- Review purchase requests for completeness and compliance with company requirements.
- Identify and negotiate with suppliers to optimize efficiencies.
- Establish and build effective relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders within the organization.
- Work with suppliers and finance to resolve invoice issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and review key performance indicators with finance, R&D, Production and supplier quality and drive continual improvement.
- Supplier Scorecarding.
- Communicate effectively with business leads and other workstreams to assure availability of the right materials at the right cost and quality.
- Embrace and participate in PPI continuous improvement initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- Conduct business in a manner consistent with GenapSys Corporate and site-level Purchasing policies and procedures including GenapSys Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Perform all job functions in compliance with federal and state safety regulations and GenapSys’ safety policy.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university, supply chain procurement, planning or operations production management or equivalent experience.
- APICS Certification.
- Strong understanding of supply chain fundamentals, new product introduction, manufacturing process, reagent, consumable, hardware commodities within life science/biotech environments.
- Experience in MRP / ERP systems. NetSuite preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) and other similar software.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and work efficiently under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Strong math, analytical thinking, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and tenacious negotiation skills.
Bonus points if:
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environment and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator.
- Are scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the world.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!