At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer/Chief Business Officer with deep operations experience to join our leadership team in our Redwood City, CA office. This person will report to the CEO and serve as a strong business partner to the CEO, the leadership and the Board.
- Serve as a strong finance partner for the company
- Experienced in recognizing and implementing financial systems
- AOP process management, including guiding company through process, monitoring and reporting revenues, OPEX and CAPEX
- Good understanding of cost accounting
- Develop a reporting cadence from which the business can be managed and reported to the board and investors/lenders
- Extensive FP & A experience
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize capital and product investment initiatives
- Ability to participate in strategic discussions on 3 to 5 year planning
- Ability to initiate, plan and execute short and long term partnerships
- A good communicator with strong IR/PR skills. Serve as the primary interface with Wall Street, audit committee of the Board and external auditors
- Ideally able to function as a CFO/CBO, including managing operations, facilities, HR and other G & A functions. Good understanding of manufacturing operations. Deep Operations experience to manage the Head of Operations.
- MBA or other relevant master’s degree preferred. CPA Desired.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of senior level financial management experience with a broad-based understanding of all aspects of related legal/regulatory issues
- Previous life sciences tool companies experience and IPO experience as a CFO strongly desired
- Strong strategic and analytical skills. Experience in implementing and operationalizing ERP and CRM systems
- Strong negotiating skills with vendors, central to our virtual company operations approach
- Experience in successful fundraising for high growth companies with bold visions
- Successful capital market and public company experience in a finance function
- Track record of driving similarly situated companies to commercial practice and profitability
Bonus Points If:
- Highly motivational and interactive both within his/her chain of command, but ability to interact and influence peers and the CEO.
- Demonstrated ability in building positive relationships. Good interpersonal skills to help a primarily technical team better understand the role of finance in the company evaluation
- Ability to envision the future and develop strategic plans based upon those visions, and then to take those strategic plans which align with overall system strategic goals and assist in translating them into realistic tactical plans.
- High levels of problem-solving ability in order to proactively determine problem areas and coordinate implementation of effective solutions.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!