At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
The Manager/Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications has the opportunity to build and establish marketing communications for a fast growing and dynamic company. You will be responsible for the planning and tactical execution of the GenapSys marketing strategy. You will collaborate with internal teams, such as Sales, Marketing, and external teams, such as contractors and agencies, to develop and implement marketing programs. The successful candidate is resourceful, creative, and have a can-do mindset and the ability to manage projects, timelines, vendors, and budgets in a fast-faced, start-up environment.
- Plan and implement integrated marketing campaigns to generate awareness across multiple channels, including print, digital (web, email, social media), events (conferences and company organized meetings), and sales team execution
- Plan, organize, and implement exhibit participations (booth, workshops, ancillary events) at key conferences
- Coordinate with Marketing and IT to ensure the company’s website is up to date and functional
- Partner with Commercial Operations in use of marketing automation and CRM systems for campaign deployment, tracking, and reporting
- Select and manage vendor relationships, negotiate contracts, and coordinate 3rd party activities to ensure successful project execution
- Oversee budget, production, and maintenance of MarCom materials
- Track and measure impact of marketing campaigns
- Develop, track, and manage marketing activity related budget
- Maintain brand consistency across all communications, including worldwide distributors
- 5-7 years of marketing/communication experience in the life sciences industry, preferably in the genomics space.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Defining, budgeting, and organizing, and implementing integrated marketing campaigns and events
- Events management
- Managing social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Web publishing and management with support from IT
- Managing contractors and agencies
- Inbound marketing and marketing automation
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written, and presentation skills
- Analytical skills to track, measure, and report on budget, campaign effectiveness, and ROI
- Professional work ethic and ability to operate independently in an organized fashion
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat required, InDesign, PhotoShop, and video editing skills preferred
The candidate must be flexible to travel for events, ~ 20%. Overnight travel, inclusive of workweek and weekends will be required.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!