At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented and organized Research Associate in NGS Applications and Chemistry to work at a fast-paced startup. This individual will be eager and enthusiastic, and someone who wants to take on many responsibilities. In essence, this position requires someone who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and work hard to push product development forward. The formal educational background may include; molecular biology, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, biophysics, and bioengineering.
- Design, execute, document, and analyze molecular biology and sequencing experiments.
- Data driven - critically evaluate new/optimized workflows for the GenapSys sample prep, library prep and sequencing protocols, and analyze experimental data to derive insights.
- Optimize the laboratory workflow associated with the GenapSys platform.
- Help drive productivity increases through technological insights, exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
- Collaborate well within a multidisciplinary organization.
- Follow and develop well-documented SOPs.
- Experience with NGS application development in one or more areas: Oncology, Metagenomics, Transcriptomics (RNA-seq), Multiplex amplicon panels, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, standard bioinformatics tools, and programming languages such as Matlab, Python, R etc. is preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree.
- NGS applications experience preferred.
- Preferred Masters in a field such as biology, bioengineering, genetics, biochemistry, biophysics or chemical engineering.
- General knowledge of next-generation sequencing (NGS) platforms and their underlying sequencing methodology. Hands-on experience with NGS technologies is highly desirable.
- Experience with troubleshooting prototype instrumentation is a plus.
- Proven ability to solve scientific and engineering problems.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills and efficient at getting task done.
- Ambitious and looking to take on additional responsibilities.
- Experience in commercial NGS product development is highly desirable.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!