At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Field Application Scientist (FAS) to join our fast-paced startup company. This role will report to the Head of Sales and Support EMEA. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, hard-working and have a passion for building something different that can impact life science and medical research. The FAS is the primary technical field contact for Genapsys customers, and is responsible for all new installations, all customer trainings, and for providing data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support in their territory. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting customers in Asia and is ideally located within this geography, with access to a major airport.
- Providing scientific/technical consultation to customers in partnership with the sales and marketing to ensure customers understand and use GenapSys products to best suit their needs.
- Coordinating new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training. Reviews and approves operational quality of equipment, and instruct customers in operations and maintenance of system
- Delivering scientific/technical presentations for internal or customer facing events.
- Reporting on relevant activities in the field on a regular basis to sales partners, management, R&D, and product marketing.
- Monitoring technical trends and competitive products in the genomics markets.
- Providing remote and/or on-site troubleshooting assistance to customers in partnership with our internal technical support team and service repair depot.
- Proactively partnering with sales and technical support teams to ensure customer support needs are achieved in a timely manner and appropriately documented.
- Provides and continuously update customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all technical enquiries from customers.
- Participates in inter-departmental projects.
- May be required to perform other related duties as needed.
- BA or BS in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics or related scientific field.
- MS or PhD is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2+ years of molecular biology laboratory or related work experience.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies
- Experience in sample library preparation and analysis for sequencing is preferred
- English as a business language fluent, any other European language is an advantage
Bonus Points If:
- Must be technically competent in the molecular biology lab, along with good people skills, to work with a variety of diverse customers, including principal investigators, scientists, technicians, and informaticists.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbally and written. Experience delivering seminars and leading group discussions and data reviews a plus.
- Sound analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative, independent, driven, and results-oriented.
- Methodical and comprehensive, yet flexible and able to easily adjust to evolving requirements and navigate in a fast-paced environment to meet tight schedules.
- Ability to travel >50%, including overnight and international travel.
- Strong desire to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on startup environment.
- Ability to effectively represent customer needs with cross functional teams, including marketing, R&D, operations, and sales.
- Ability to lift 30 Lbs. without assistance.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
GenapSys offers a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!