At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Project Management. The successful candidate will have strong people and process management skills to lead the organization through the next transformative years and will report to the CEO . In this role, s/he will partner with department heads to support the oversight and governance of all projects in their portfolio. Also key to the success of this role is the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with senior leaders across business, product, operations and commercial organizations. Lastly, this leader must possess high emotional integrity, coupled with impressive leadership, operational, product, technical and marketing skills.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders in the company, implement a structured, phase-gate, Product Development Process to successfully lead a project from concept to commercial launch.
- Coordinate and align the activities between multidisciplinary groups including instrument engineering, chip development, consumables, reagent development, molecular biology, software, informatics, marketing and manufacturing.
- Develop detailed project plans. Identify bottlenecks and develop contingency plans to keep projects on track.
- Periodically report status of projects against plans to project and executive teams.
- Support new product development from proof of concept to commercialization defining customer and product requirements, managing product launches and developing value proposition.
- Play a strong role in the product improvement process using technical and practical feedback from end-users.
- Work as a unified team with the molecular biology, engineering, software, chip development and manufacturing groups.
- Masters or PhD level candidate in Engineering, Life Sciences or Chemistry
- Minimum 5+ years of product management in the biotech instrumentation and/or Life Sciences industry. Previous experience in managing relationships with early access customer sites highly preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of genomics, next generation DNA sequencing, and molecular biology products
- Understanding of Product Management and Program management processes, PMP certification is a plus
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams
- Ability to present technical information and business related material to diverse audiences
- General knowledge of industry practices for managing NGS products
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environment and shifting demands.
- Extremely strong communication, interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively work across teams and functions.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees)*
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!