At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
We’re looking for a talented and organized team player to work at a fast-paced startup. This individual will be eager and enthusiastic, and someone who wants to take on many responsibilities. In essence, this position requires someone who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and work hard to push product development forward. Formal educational background may include: molecular biology, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, biophysics, and bioengineering.
- Design, execute, document, and analyze molecular biology experiments
- Data driven - critically evaluate new/optimized reagents for the GenapSys sample prep
- Optimize the laboratory workflow associated with the GenapSys platform
- Help drive productivity increases through technological insights, exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand
- Collaborate well within a multidisciplinary organization
- Follow and develop well-documented SOPs
- Masters in a field such as biology, bioengineering, chemistry or chemical engineering
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in PCR, qPCR, flow cytometry, amplifications and sequencing preferred
- Experience with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, e.g. PCR and Isothermal amplification, NGS sample preparation, nucleic acid techniques etc.
- Proven ability to solve scientific and engineering problems
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills and efficient at getting task done
- Ambitious and looking to take on additional responsibilities
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of GenapSys.