At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Research Associate to join in our clonal amplification team to develop a novel clonal amplification platform for the GenapSys sequencer. The successful candidate will plan and execute experiments, and analyze data under the guidance of Senior Scientist. Ideally the candidate will be a motivated, organized and detail-oriented with strong molecular biology foundation and experience in nucleotide assay development.
- Develop a novel clonal amplification platform for Genapsys sequencer.
- Design and execute molecular biology experiments to generate high quality data.
- Document experiments detail and perform data analysis.
- Summary and report experiment results in a clear and organized fashion.
- Data driven - critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data.
- Understand principles of experiments being conducted.
- Demonstrate ability to trouble-shoot problem encountered in experiments.
- Optimize the experiment workflow associated with the GenapSys platform.
- Prepare and aliquot reagents for related experiments.
- Maintain instruments and equipment associated with clonal amplification assay development.
- Collaborate effectively cross multidisciplinary groups.
- Develop and assist in writing SOP's.
- Master’s degree in Molecular biology, Biochemistry or related field, or B.S. degree with 2+ years of industrial experience.
- Strong molecular biology background with assay development experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience with nucleic acid techniques (DNA sample preparation, extraction and purification, DNA quantitation and analysis by Nanodrop, Qubit and Bioanalyzer).
- DNA and RNA amplification experience with PCR, qPCR and RT PCR.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and efficient at getting tasks done.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot experiment problem with analytical approach.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
Bonus Points If:
- Experience on isothermal amplification.
- Experience with development of new methods/protocols.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms, sample preparation and the underlying sequencing methodology.
- Experience working with instrument.
- Motivated and looking to take on additional responsibilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
What we offer (US based-employees)*
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!