At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
The Product and Test Engineer will be responsible for our next generation product engineering as well as maintaining test and operation of current DNA sequencing chips. We are looking for individuals with experience in developing custom assembly processes. Those who are intimately familiar with semiconductor assembly processes and equipment as well as ATE test. The role involves vendor management as well as interface with different R&D and engineering team within GenapSys.
- Supply chain management for wafer fabrication and chip assembly, including substrate design and manufacturing.
- Drive development and running ATE tests for volume manufacturing.
- Create and document product requirement for manufacturing, assembly and production test.
- Prepare assembly drawing and assembly process steps.
- Prepare acceptance criteria for chip assembly and test.
- Interface with device assembly and packaging houses.
- Characterize, qualify, and analyze failures of the fabricated devices and sensors.
- Yield analysis and enhancement.
- Cost reduction.
- BS/MS in EE or mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in semiconductor chip assembly and test.
- Experience with quality audit of fabrication, assembly, and test houses.
- Experience with wafer level data analysis for volume manufacturing.
- Successful track record of yield analysis tools and yield improvement techniques.
- Successful track record of cost reduction and on time delivery of products.
- Knowledge and relationship with offshore CMOS FAB, packaging, and test houses.
- Successful experience with Failure analysis on semiconductor chips.
- Great interdisciplinary team work and Good documentation.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!