At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
We are looking for a self driven scientist to join our system integration team. This individual will be eager and enthusiastic, and someone who wants to take on many responsibilities. In essence, this position requires someone who is able and willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to push product development forward. Relying on their vast background in biochemistry, engineering, material science and sequencing technologies and platforms, this person will design and implement experiments on our sequencing platform in order to improve its performance, eliminates potential issues and make the system robust and customer ready. This is a particularly exciting time to be at GenapSys as our technology is rapidly approaching market introduction! If you are someone intrigued by the prospect of bringing new technologies to the market, curious about the science behind innovative technologies and a problem solver with ambition to make the impossible possible, this is the job for you.
- Develop, optimize and perform NGS Platform workflow steps, in order to improve the existing performance of our NGS platform
- Perform instrument qualification runs, prepare the qualification reports and troubleshoot the problems
- Bring new insight, diverse background and knowledge and novel ideas to overcome our current challenges and simplify our current work flow
- Design, execute, and document experiments carefully. Critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data, including NGS data analysis
- Help troubleshoot all aspects of the new developments on our NGS platform -from engineering to software - in a collaborative and communicative manner
- Willing and capable of providing adequate support to outside customers on short notices when needed
- Help drive productivity increases through technological insights, exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization
- Follow and develop well-documented SOPs
- Relevant education background: PhD. with 2+ years of industry experience in a field such as Biomedical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering, Biophysics or related fields
- Experience with characterizing and optimizing experimental work flows is required
- Strong hands-on experience with using and troubleshooting instrumentations specially prototype lab instruments is desired
- Experience with fluidic mechanics and designs, surface chemistry and related simulation software is desirable
- Knowledge of standard nucleic acid techniques, PCR/ isothermal amplification, and molecular biology assay development is a plus
- Experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, standard bioinformatics tools, and programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, R etc. is highly desirable
- Experience with current NGS technologies and NGS application development is desirable
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills, and efficiency at getting tasks done in time
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Genapsys.