At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for a self driven scientist to join our system integration team. This individual will be eager and enthusiastic, and someone who wants to take on many responsibilities. In essence, this position requires someone who is able and willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to push product development forward. Relying on their vast background in biochemistry, engineering, material science and sequencing technologies and platforms, this person will design and implement experiments on our sequencing platform in order to improve its performance, eliminates potential issues and make the system robust and customer ready. This is a particularly exciting time to be at GenapSys as our technology is rapidly approaching market introduction! If you are someone intrigued by the prospect of bringing new technologies to the market, curious about the science behind innovative technologies and a problem solver with ambition to make the impossible possible, this is the job for you.
- Develop, optimize and perform NGS Platform workflow steps, in order to improve the existing performance of our NGS platform.
- Perform instrument qualification runs, prepare the qualification reports and troubleshoot the problems.
- Bring new insight, diverse background and knowledge and novel ideas to overcome our current challenges and simplify our current work flow.
- Design, execute, and document experiments carefully. Critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data, including NGS data analysis.
- Help troubleshoot all aspects of the new developments on our NGS platform -from engineering to software - in a collaborative and communicative manner.
- Willing and capable of providing adequate support to outside customers on short notices when needed.
- Help drive productivity increases through technological insights, exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization.
- Follow and develop well-documented SOPs.
- Relevant education background: PhD. with 2+ years of industry experience in a field such as Biomedical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering, Biophysics or related fields.
- Experience with characterizing and optimizing experimental work flows is required.
- Strong hands-on experience with using and troubleshooting instrumentations specially prototype lab instruments is desired.
- Experience with fluidic mechanics and designs, surface chemistry and related simulation software is desirable.
- Knowledge of standard nucleic acid techniques, PCR/ isothermal amplification, and molecular biology assay development is a plus.
- Experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, standard bioinformatics tools, and programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, R etc. is highly desirable.
- Experience with current NGS technologies and NGS application development is desirable.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills, and efficiency at getting tasks done in time.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!