At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
The Software QA Lead will be responsible for managing as well as contributing to creating and executing test plans and test cases, automate test cases and regression test suites, and, in general, for measuring software quality and improving software development process. The QA covers all aspects of software at GenapSys covering instrument software, analysis software, and cloud application. This role reports to VP, Engineering.
- Lead and drive test automation and SW QA for different components of GenapSys SW components
- Design, Propose, Architect, and Develop ongoing automated test environments for various software components.
- Assist with manual testing for those components that are not easily automated.
- Work with software developers to understand the software and propose a QA plans accordingly.
- Able to add testing infrastructure support for unit test/isolation, Limited logging and selective testing.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, software quality, technical support and other engineers.
- Adhere to software development and source control processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- 6+ yrs of software testing and automation
- 1+ years of experience as a Lead Software QA Engineer
- Experienced in building/developing automated testing frameworks for distributed systems
- Experience in XUnit, TestNG or Google testing framework
- Experienced in Unix/Linux OS
- Experience with Software Security/Security testing
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience in working with Git
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (Google AppEngine, AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience with setting up and using Continuous Integration infrastructure e.g. Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with Python, BASH, or other scripting language.
- Experience working with SQL and big-data system, e.g. Hadoop, Storm, Spark
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of GenapSys.