At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce the cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant with General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll experience. This role reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of attention to detail as well as the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities. The position requires someone who is articulate, professional, and who understands the ins and outs of wearing multiple hats at a growing organization. This role has opportunities to grow along with the company's expansion.
- Review purchase orders for correct GL coding
- Review AP vouchers against PO for accuracy and completeness, and process payments
- Track and resolve outstanding payment issues and generate weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner
- Maintain employee attendance records, process payroll semi-monthly and process expense report.
- Analyze and review designated general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
- Prepare and record journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end reconciliation and reporting
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings
- Support Sales Ops such as client accruals, system-specific integration, credit memos, etc.
- Reconcile between all artifacts and accounting systems
- Assist with financial statement audit – prepare schedules, compile support for audit selections and other audit related activities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Must have high volume Accounts Payable experience
- 3+ years Accounts Payable or accounting experience desired.
- Strong work ethic including sound judgement, outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Results and goal-oriented mindset with an opportunistic eye towards process improvements
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP, Expensify and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
What we offer:
- An amazing mission for a powerful technology: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and massive growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Genapsys.