At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Managers with strong experience with General Ledger and Accounts Receivable with familiarity in Accounts Payable and Payroll. This role reports to the Controller. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of attention to detail as well as the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities. The position requires someone who is articulate, professional, and who understands the ins and outs of wearing multiple hats at a growing organization.
- Review AP vouchers for accuracy and completeness, and process payments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reconciliation and reporting.
- Analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
- Prepare and record journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and perform timely asset tagging.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings.
- Review purchase orders for correct GL coding.
- Track and resolve outstanding payment issues and generate weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Create, document, and maintain collection summaries in a timely manner.
- Reconcile AR ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and verify proper posting.
- Support Sales Ops such as client accruals, system-specific integration, credit memos, etc.
- Reconcile between all artifacts and accounting systems.
- Assist with financial statement audit – prepare schedules, compile support for audit selections and other audit related activities.
- Ad hoc finance support projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 4+ years general ledger accounting experience desired.
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred.
- Generate supporting documents and reconcile for balance sheet account.
- Auditing experience, preferably with technical accounting consulting experience.
- Strong work ethic including sound judgement, outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Results and goal-oriented mindset with an opportunistic eye towards process improvements.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!