At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Development Scientist to drive the development of reliable high-quality DNA sequencing products. The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive, hands-on experience with DNA Sequencing technology or similar instrumentation products in the Life Science space. If this opportunity sounds exciting, and you have the desire to redefine the current paradigm of DNA sequencing, please apply.
- Develop and automate amplification protocols to support Next Generation Sequencing.
- Independently design experimental plans, execute experiments, perform in-depth data analysis and present results and conclusions for internal review.
- Initiate long-term stability studies to establish high risk reagents/work flow/storage issues.
- Define technical requirements for consumable products and generate data to support the specifications that are established and used for incoming QC.
- Transfer analytical methods and manufacturing processes to Contract Manufacturers.
- Author documents and protocols for manufacturing, protocols for QC and release specifications for each of the key reagents.
- Ph.D., preferably with 2+ years of industry experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related field
- Solid understanding of commercial product development.
- Hands-on experience in managing technology transfer, including setting specifications, stability studies and guard band studies.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, e.g. PCR and Isothermal amplification, NGS sample preparation, nucleic acid techniques required.
Bonus Points If:
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the NGS field.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot, and work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with operating instrumentation, such as NGS technologies, microfluidic technologies, microscopy, flow cytometry etc. is highly desirable.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!