At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
We are looking for a Development Scientist to drive the development of reliable high-quality DNA sequencing products. The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive, hands-on experience with DNA Sequencing technology or similar instrumentation products in the Life Science space. If this opportunity sounds exciting, and you have the desire to redefine the current paradigm of DNA sequencing, please apply.
- Develop and automate amplification protocols to support Next Generation Sequencing.
- Independently design experimental plans, execute experiments, perform in-depth data analysis and present results and conclusions for internal review.
- Initiate long-term stability studies to establish high risk reagents/work flow/storage issues
- Define technical requirements for consumable products and generate data to support the specifications that are established and used for incoming QC
- Transfer analytical methods and manufacturing processes to Contract Manufacturers
- Author documents and protocols for manufacturing, protocols for QC and release specifications for each of the key reagents.
- Ph.D., preferably with 2+ years of industry experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related field
- Solid understanding of commercial product development
- Hands-on experience in managing technology transfer, including setting specifications, stability studies and guard band studies.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, e.g. PCR and Isothermal amplification, NGS sample preparation, nucleic acid techniques required.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the NGS field
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot, and work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with operating instrumentation, such as NGS technologies, microfluidic technologies, microscopy, flow cytometry etc. is highly desirable
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents, fully sponsored life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Genapsys.