At GenapSys we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimer's, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians, and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross-functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission.
- Development of applications for the Genapsys sequencing platform
- Testing of existing library preparation methodologies, protocol optimization
- Develop, optimize and perform NGS workflow steps, including sample preparation, library preparation, amplification, and sequencing
- Perform assay development on GenapSys' sample preparation platform
- Generation of data to support marketing collateral and conference presentations
- Running samples and managing collaborations with key opinion leaders
- Data driven - critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data, esp. NGS data, using standard and custom NGS bioinformatics tools
- Independently design experimental plans, execute experiments, perform in-depth data analysis, and present results and conclusions for internal review. Demonstrate exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization
- Masters Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Genetics, or related field, or BS and 2+ years of industrial experience
- Strong molecular biology background
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with standard molecular biology techniques, e.g. PCR & qPCR, isothermal amplification, assay development, and standard bio-instrumentation e.g. flow cytometers, Bioanalyzer etc. is preferred
- Experience with development of new methods / protocols
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms and their underlying sequencing methodology
- Proven ability to solve scientific and engineering problems
- An analytical approach to problem solving, e.g. experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, such as Excel, Matlab, JMP.
- Good communication skills
- Experience with troubleshooting prototype instrumentation is a plus
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and efficient at getting tasks done
- Ambitious and looking to take on additional responsibilities
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Informatic skills are a plus
- Experience with genomic databases and standard bioinformatics tools, preferably with custom analysis tools using Matlab, Python, R, is desirable
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents, fully sponsored life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Genapsys.