At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
- Development of applications for the Genapsys sequencing platform.
- Testing of existing library preparation methodologies, protocol optimization.
- Develop, optimize and perform NGS workflow steps, including sample preparation, library preparation, amplification, and sequencing.
- Perform assay development on GenapSys' sample preparation platform.
- Generation of data to support marketing collateral and conference presentations.
- Running samples and managing collaborations with key opinion leaders.
- Data driven - critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data, esp. NGS data, using standard and custom NGS bioinformatics tools.
- Independently design experimental plans, execute experiments, perform in-depth data analysis, and present results and conclusions for internal review. Demonstrate exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand.
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization.
- Masters Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Genetics, or related field, or BS and 2+ years of industrial experience
- Strong molecular biology background
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with standard molecular biology techniques, e.g. PCR & qPCR, isothermal amplification, assay development, and standard bio-instrumentation e.g. flow cytometers, Bioanalyzer etc. is preferred
- Experience with development of new methods / protocols
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms and their underlying sequencing methodology
- Proven ability to solve scientific and engineering problems
- An analytical approach to problem solving, e.g. experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, such as Excel, Matlab, JMP.
- Good communication skills
- Experience with troubleshooting prototype instrumentation is a plus
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and efficient at getting tasks done
- Ambitious and looking to take on additional responsibilities
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Informatic skills are a plus
- Experience with genomic databases and standard bioinformatics tools, preferably with custom analysis tools using Matlab, Python, R, is desirable
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!