At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
As we launch our product, we are looking for sales representatives to join our team. This role will entail up to ~ 50-75% travel, although, the travel demands will vary.
- Meet or exceed the agreed upon monthly, quarterly and yearly sales plan for the defined territory
- Create a business plan for the territory that outlines key customers, institutions and applications that each work with. After presenting the business plan, successfully execute the business plan.
- Be the primary commercial representative for the company in the territory for key customers, partners and institutions.
- Work through customer purchasing requirements to ensure the execution of the sales funnel
- Population key customer and market information in the company’s customer relationship management software
- Work with customer service to ensure all purchasing and delivery issues exceed customer’s expectation.
- Partner with the technical support team to manage any customer issues that arise.
- Provide feedback and field testing of marketing collateral, information and messaging to ensure the most insightful messages get out to the customer.
- Provide regular, accurate, thoughtful forecast updates to their manager
- Other activities that may be assigned by their manager
- Demonstrated history of being a strong customer advocate to the company
- At least 7 years front line selling experience in life science or biotechnology
- Track record of successfully meeting or exceeding budget and substantially growing the business in the territory.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comprehension of genomics and their applied applications
- Strong customer relationships in the territory at the investigator level.
- Demonstrated self-starter that can “own” their territories development
- Experience in deploying consultative sales techniques with their customers
- Biological sciences undergraduate degree a plus
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!