At GenapSys we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimer's, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians, and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross-functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
As the scientific expert in our products, the Field Applications Scientist (FAS) will build long-term relationships and establish rapport with GenapSys customers. You will provide wet-lab, data analysis, and technical education on our Sequencing products as needed. Support interfaces include in-person, phone and email communications. The FAS will travel to customer sites and trade shows in the field for pre- and post-sale activities. Solves customer escalations effectively. Acts as a trusted expert to our customers, increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty as well as contributing to the overall success of the business through customer success and sharing customer voice in the development of new products.
- Providing scientific/technical consultation to customers in partnership with the sales and marketing to ensure customers understand and use GenapSys products to best suit their needs.
- Delivering scientific/technical presentations for internal or customer facing events.
- Leading hands-on product and software trainings in customer laboratories.
- Reporting on relevant activities in the field on a regular basis to sales partners, management, R&D, and product marketing.
- Monitoring technical trends and competitive products in the genomics markets.
- Providing remote and/or on-site troubleshooting assistance to customers in partnership with our internal technical support team and service repair depot.
- Proactively partnering with sales and technical support teams to ensure customer support needs are achieved in a timely manner and appropriately documented.
- Provides and continuously update customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all technical enquiries from customers.
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- Participates in inter-departmental projects.
- May be required to perform other related duties as needed.
- BA or BS in Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics or related scientific field.
- MS or PhD is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2+ years of molecular biology laboratory or related work experience.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies
- Experience in sample and library preparation for sequencing is preferred
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Must be technically competent in the molecular biology lab, along with good people skills, to work with a variety of diverse customers, including principle investigators, scientists, technicians, and informaticists.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbally and written. Experience delivering seminars and leading group discussions and data reviews a plus.
- Sound analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative, independent, driven, and results-oriented.
- Methodical and comprehensive, yet flexible and able to easily adjust to evolving requirements and navigate in a fast-paced environment to meet tight schedules.
- Ability to travel >50%, including overnight and international travel.
- Strong desire to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on startup environment.
- Ability to effectively represent customer needs with cross functional teams, including marketing, R&D, operations, and sales.
- Ability to lift 30 Lbs. without assistance.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents, fully sponsored life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours.
- Free complex onsite gym membership.
- Casual, but high-performing work environment.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Genapsys.