At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimer's, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross-functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
Signal denoising is the first and one of the most fundamental pieces in our data analysis pipeline that directly influences the quality of the biological signal and in turn the overall performance of our technology. As a Signal Processing Engineer, you would be working in a cross functional R&D team to improve the performance of the core technology through close collaboration with lab scientists, genomic application scientists, and data scientists. You will develop DOE (design of experiments) for troubleshooting and failure mode analysis, extract information from biomedical sensors, develop DNA sequencing base calling algorithms, present written and oral reports and proposals to peers and management, and play an important role in shaping and productionizing new products and cutting-edge applications.
You will be joining a fast-paced startup that is getting ready to launch its first product with ample opportunity to grow, high visibility and high impact of your work. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape GenapSys’s strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference!
- MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent fields
- Expertise in Python and with version control practices and tools, especially Git/Github
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code (readable, well-tested, with well-designed APIs)
- 1- 4 years of real-world work experience in signal processing algorithm and software development on time series data
- Expert in regression analysis, statistical estimation and signal detection theories
- Expert in implementing clustering algorithms, PCA analysis, and Markov models
- Skilled in data analysis and characterization of physical systems
- Skilled in modeling, simulating and validating dynamical systems
- Innovative, driven, results-oriented and methodical with a successful track record
- Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
- Strong team player who is flexible, adaptable, can communicate effectively and collaborate within a multidisciplinary organization
- Ability to manage work within tight timelines
Nice to Have
- Experience with biological data (DNA sequences, RNAseq, proteomics, microscopy images, etc.)
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS or GCP)
- Working knowledge with Deep learning networks and concepts
- Experience with Tensorflow
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents, fully sponsored life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Genapsys.