At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies.
Machine learning approaches are at the core of GenapSys's methods for generating high quality DNA sequencing data. As a machine learning engineer, you will join forces in the development of cutting-edge machine learning methods that solve key problems in the DNA sequencing, base calling, and variant calling processes. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of life scientists, bioengineers, and data scientists to identify areas where machine learning can make a difference, to conceptualize and develop biological datasets using cutting edge, high throughput platforms, and to analyze these data sets using the best machine learning methods, applied at scale.
You will be joining a fast-paced startup that is getting ready to launch its first product with ample opportunity to grow, high visibility and high impact of your work. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape GenapSys’s strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference!
- MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in Python and with version control practices and tools, especially Git/Github
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code (readable, well-tested, with well-designed APIs)
- 1- 4 years of real-world work experience in software development for high-end machine learning algorithms
- Significant experience with Tensorflow
- Demonstrated prior experience with time series data analysis
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with development of Deep Learning models, various Neural Network concepts, classification algorithms that go beyond putting together of existing code, and to apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to complex issues
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and job functions
- A genuine passion for making a difference in the world!
Nice to Have:
- Experience with biological data (DNA sequences, RNAseq, proteomics, microscopy images, etc.)
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS or GCP)
- Experience with scalable machine learning, including the application to large datasets
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents, fully sponsored life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Genapsys.