At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimer's, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross-functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
Direct the activities and priorities of the Informatics team comprised of Bioinformatics, Signal Processing, and Machine Learning, including:
- Leading bioinformatics efforts to develop NGS applications on the GENIUS system
- Leading machine learning efforts to develop optimized inferential methods for genome data
- Leading signal processing efforts to develop state-of-the-art filters for denoising the raw data
- Hands-on development of custom alignment as well as de novo assembly algorithms
- Mentor engineers and bioinformatics scientists
- Communicate and coordinate Informatics strategy to CEO and VPs
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- PhD or MS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related field
- Currently hands-on and active in Bioinformatics Tool Development, and architecture leadership
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in high-throughput NGS data analysis
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, biostatistics, and specifically deep learning
- 10+ years of algorithm development, including but not limited to graph-based modeling
- 10+ years of leadership and management experience
- Experience in developing enterprise level analysis pipelines on high-performance cloud computing platforms.
- Solid expertise with Python and C++.
- Bioinformatics domain knowledge is a must
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents, fully sponsored life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Genapsys.