At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we recently launched our first product which is generating a tremendous amount of interest.
Direct the activities and priorities of the Informatics team comprised of Bioinformatics, Signal Processing, and Machine Learning, including:
- Leading bioinformatics efforts to develop NGS applications on the GENIUS system
- Leading machine learning efforts to develop optimized inferential methods for genome data
- Leading signal processing efforts to develop state-of-the-art filters for denoising the raw data
- Hands-on development of custom alignment as well as de novo assembly algorithms
- Mentor engineers and bioinformatics scientists
- Communicate and coordinate Informatics strategy to CEO and VPs
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- PhD or MS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related field.
- Currently hands-on and active in Bioinformatics Tool Development, and architecture leadership.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in high-throughput NGS data analysis.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, biostatistics, and specifically deep learning.
- 10+ years of algorithm development, including but not limited to graph-based modeling.
- 10+ years of leadership and management experience.
- Experience in developing enterprise level analysis pipelines on high-performance cloud computing platforms.
- Solid expertise with Python and C++.
- Bioinformatics domain knowledge is a must.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!