Join Gemography and work with top tech startups and engineering teams from New York, LA, San Francisco and Paris on large-scale applications and systems. It's long term, remote and comes with indefinite period employment contract (CDI).
You will work on:
- Take ownership and responsibility of data produced by the data pipelines.
- Maintain and update ETL data pipelines as well as create new ones.
- Document, identify and automate common data and pipeline operations.
- Participate in standups/meetings and operate in a team environment with agile methodologies.
- Monitor the status of data pipelines and act correspondingly.
- Ensure data produced has the right format/quality and that associated metadata is properly documented.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with data engineering, preferably in Python.
- You’re a fast learner, can contribute from day one as well as integrate and apply new concepts quickly.
- You take pride in what you create and passionate about getting the details right, even when no one's looking.
- You are able to weigh tradeoffs, articulate complex ideas, and have precision about what you know and don't know.
- You enjoy staying on top of tech trends and hacking new things.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Bonus points if you have:
- Hands-on experience in SQL tuning, schema design or analytical programming.
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow or similar technologies.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salaries and performance bonuses.
- Your own Spotify Premium, Netflix and Headspace accounts.
- 24-days paid time-off (+ public holidays).
- Health insurance & pension.
- The job role is fully remote (anywhere in Egypt, Morocco or Portugal).
- Resume/cover letter are optional. Also can be in French or English.
- It's long term and comes with an indefinite period employment contract.