Join Gemography and work with top tech startups and engineering teams from New York, LA, San Francisco and Paris on large-scale applications and systems. It's long term, remote and comes with indefinite period employment contract (CDI).
You will work on:
- Build data pipelines with tools such as Spark, Airflow, and cloud-based data services.
- Take ownership and responsibility of data produced by the data pipelines.
- Maintain and update ETL data pipelines as well as create new ones.
- Document, identify and automate common data and pipeline operations.
- Participate in standups/meetings and operate in a team environment with agile methodologies.
- Monitor the status of data pipelines and act correspondingly.
- Ensure data produced has the right format/quality and that associated metadata is properly documented.
- Develop processes for automating, testing, and deploying your work.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g., Python, R) and an interest in expanding your skillset.
- Experience building data scalable data pipelines complete with monitoring.
- Experience with a production task scheduler like celery or airflow.
- Can collaborate/influence across all levels of the organization.
- You’re a fast learner, can contribute from day one.
- You enjoy staying on top of tech trends and hacking new things.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a knack for communicating your findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salaries and performance bonuses.
- Your own Spotify Premium, Netflix and Headspace accounts.
- 24-days paid time-off (+ public holidays).
- Health insurance & pension.
- The job role is fully remote (anywhere in Egypt or Morocco).
- Resume/cover letter are optional. Also can be in French or English.
- It's long term and comes with an indefinite period employment contract.