About the Company
Gemini Therapeutics is a biotechnology company pioneering precision therapeutics for patients with high-risk genetic profiles linked to dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and rare systemic diseases. Gemini’s therapeutic candidates are matched to molecular abnormalities found in patients with high clinical need, and our broad multimodal pipeline includes monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins and gene therapies. Launched with funding from leading life science investors and powered by academic partnerships around the world, Gemini is developing a series of first-in-class therapeutics. The company currently has 30 employees, and more information is available at www.geminitherapeutics.com.
About the Role
In this hands on role, the Cell Based Assay Development Scientist will provide scientific and experimental expertise to support the research and development of Gemini’s therapeutic candidates, by generating molecular, biochemical and cell-based assay data on the potency, activity, mechanism of action and exposure of candidate molecules. This is an opportunity for an associate/scientist with a creative, can-do attitude, a detail-oriented nature and a passion for advancing therapeutic drug candidates from research into development to make a large impact within a dynamic, fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of executing cell-based and in vitro biochemical assays for novel drug discovery and mechanism of action studies, particularly for large molecule drug candidates.
- Design and carry out day to day lab experiments in support of Gemini’s research objectives
- Maintain excellent records of experimental details in written form
- Communicate findings to supervisor, research group and cross-functional teams in the form of reports and oral presentations
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific discipline
- More than two years of R&D experience in Biotech, Pharmaceutical or relevant CRO
- Attention to detail, enthusiasm for bench science and an ability learn quickly and operate within tight timelines without sacrificing excellence
- Demonstrated ability to develop and optimize novel cell-based assays for therapeutic candidate testing experience
- Experienced in standard cell culture and molecular biology and biochemical assay techniques including, Western blot, ELISA, PCR
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong computer skills (Excel, word, Powerpoint, Prism Graphpad).
Those candidates with one or more of the following attributes are highly desired:
- Work in retina biology, kidney biology, immunology and/or complement biology fields
- Cell culture of primary and/or iPSC derived cells
- Potency and mechanism of action assays for biologic therapeutic candidates
- Flow cytometry and/or phenotypic cellular characterization experience