The Strategy and Corporate Development team is responsible for guiding the short and long-term strategic objectives of the Firm through product development and organic opportunities, as well as corporate transactions and M&A across the firm. Past examples include, development of collateralized fund obligation product lines, structuring and development of retail focused products and review of M&A opportunities. The Associate in this role will focus both on analysis around key strategic decisions and new / growing product line opportunities within the firm, as well as analysis and diligence around transactional opportunities.
Working within a lean Strategy and Corporate Development team, the Associate will have a high level of exposure to the Firm’s senior management team. The Associate will be responsible for management of various processes, review and analysis of key strategic opportunities, working on new product development / expanding new product lines, and financial analysis/modeling and due diligence for transactional opportunities.
- Play a key role in the execution of new business and acquisition opportunities, including but not limited to financial analysis/modeling, industry research, preparation of written materials, and efficient use of the firm’s resources.
- Build detailed operating models to perform valuation analyses on both transactions and organic growth opportunities, including DCF and ROI analyses.
- Assist with review and analysis of key strategic business decisions across the firm, including potential new product development, growth investment opportunities, capital allocation / capital structure analyses, etc.
- Analyze and conduct due diligence on transactional opportunities for the firm and affiliates, including any M&A, financings or similar transactions.
- Structure complex analysis to develop compelling, insightful recommendations for the Strategy team and executive leadership.
- Manage and interact with external service providers on various projects as necessary (lawyers, bankers, accountants, etc.).
- Coordinate interaction between departments throughout the firm as necessary, including Legal, Corporate Finance, Tax, and Investment teams.
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-6 years of experience, including a minimum of 3 years of experience within investment banking and/or private equity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting with a strong record of academic success is required.
- Superior quantitative, financial modeling and valuation skills are required.
- Structure product and CFO experienced candidates may be a good fit for this type of role.
- Background in the financial services and/or alternative asset management industry a plus but not required.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to advance work product independently.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects from inception to completion within a deadline driven, dynamic environment.
- Outstanding organization, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a leading global alternative asset management solutions provider for more than 50 years. We have $73 billion in assets under management that we invest across investment verticals including private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, ESG & Impact, and absolute return investment strategies.
Our team of over 530 professionals is dedicated to delivering an exceptional value proposition for our global clients. The diversity of our employees is a driving factor of success, and is critical to our ability to create and deliver value to our clients. GCM has been committed to the advancement of small, emerging, and diverse managers for 20+ years. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package focused on health and wellness, continuing education, and work-life balance.
The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul. Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V