The Analyst will join a team of two investment professionals focused on the Asian market and a broader Hedge Fund Strategies Research team of over thirty investment professionals. The department’s primary focus is to identify, underwrite, and invest in alternative investment managers and related opportunities using a variety of investment strategies such as: credit, equities, macro, and commodities. The Hedge Fund Strategies Research team works closely with other investment and operational professionals throughout GCM Grosvenor.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Perform thorough qualitative and quantitative analysis of existing and potential investments in hedge fund managers, with a particular focus on Asian hedge fund managers.
- Track, analyze, and interpret trends in Asian hedge funds and the related capital markets.
- Assess new investment strategies and monitor current conditions within existing strategies utilized by the firm.
- Prepare internal and external market and investment commentary on a monthly basis.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) with hedge fund managers and report back Asian strategy-related issues to the investments group, investment committee, and investors.
- Participate in the due diligence of potential new investments with Asian hedge fund managers and make written recommendations to the research group and investment committee.
- Attend industry conferences and frequent meetings with hedge fund managers; summarize and communicate the conferences and meetings’ subject matter within the investments group.
- Participate in weekly department and investment team meetings as well as quarterly strategy review meetings
- Participate in special projects related to Asia hedge fund strategies or broader industry knowledge.
- Write research reports on Asian hedge fund strategies and various aspects of the alternative investment industry as well as prepare specific investment case studies for review and discussion.
- Periodic travel for meetings and conferences will be required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field with a superior grade point average.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (includes reading and writing ability) is essential.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the investment industry, particularly the alternative investment industry. Applicable coursework or previous internship in the field of investments or financial markets beneficial.
- Up to two years of experience in a finance or investment management position. Experience in valuation analysis and due diligence preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. The ability to articulate thoughts in a clear and concise manner to both clients and staff through written correspondence, presentations and in meetings.
- Highly proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent work ethic, high degree of professionalism and integrity, and commitment to team in a goal-oriented environment.
- Superior organization, decision making and problem solving skills with the demonstrated initiative and ability to manage tasks and projects independently from start to finish.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities pertaining to work flow.
- Strong attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product (and ability to balance that concern with deadlines).
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a cross functional team environment.
- Team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- Flexible schedule which allows for certain late nights and weekends depending upon work load. Ability to travel periodically.
- The ability to recognize the requirements of confidentiality.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a leading global alternative asset management solutions provider for more than 50 years. We have $73 billion in assets under management that we invest across investment verticals including private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, ESG & Impact, and absolute return investment strategies.
Our team of over 530 professionals is dedicated to delivering an exceptional value proposition for our global clients. The diversity of our employees is a driving factor of success, and is critical to our ability to create and deliver value to our clients. GCM has been committed to the advancement of small, emerging, and diverse managers for 20+ years. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package focused on health and wellness, continuing education, and work-life balance.
The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul. Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V