The Senior Software Engineer will join the Technology team in a dynamic and growing Alternative Investments firm with a strong technology focus. Technology plays a critical role at GCM Grosvenor, enabling our team members to make timely, data-driven decisions in support of our clients. The software we build enables our team to deploy $71B+ in the most efficient, intelligent, risk-managed way.
Software Engineers are the backbone of modernizing our business processes using a forward-leaning technology strategy to extend the platforms that drive our investment decisions, create operational efficiencies for business teams and enhance overall employee experience. We leverage cloud-native technologies to drive the execution of both greenfield projects and projects extending the capabilities of our existing platforms and systems. We are constantly looking for opportunities to leverage new technologies to deliver data across the enterprise to clients and vendors globally. The ideal candidate should enjoy working with optimized development processes in an environment that leverages SRE practices including continuous integration and continuous delivery.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Design and develop platform features.
- Develop software to enable and further automate the investment decision making, reporting, and analysis conducted by our team members and our clients.
- Work on a team to ensure a consistent technical landscape aligned to enterprise architecture strategy and vision.
- Collaborate with architects and team members to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented within the framework of our software development standards.
- Provide assistance and technical guidance to Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and others to diagnose and resolve defects identified during testing phases.
- Continue to evaluate our technology platform against industry trends and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Willingness to wear many hats, driving innovation, filling gaps in team functions as needed, and be a dynamic collaborator.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for this role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft .NET/C#, including modern versions of .NET including .NET Core.
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating strong understanding of object-oriented design and development principles.
- Working knowledge and experience working in Agile development environments with strong engineering principles required.
- Experience with serverless tools such as Azure Functions or AWS Lambda desired.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools such as Azure DevOps, GitLab CI, and/or GitHub Actions.
- Understanding of relational, non-relational, and unstructured database design and development using platforms such as SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL solutions and other high-powered data platforms is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated unit and acceptance level testing. Experience working in a TDD environment is a strong plus.
- Experience with message based and OpenAPI REST based integration a strong plus.
- Experience with DevSecOps and a culture of security a strong plus.
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills.
AT A GLANCE - GCM’S SOFTWARE ENGINEERING ORGANIZATION
- We have a strong and evolving use of cloud-based, serverless, distributed technologies including Azure Functions, SQL Azure, non-relational databases, Kubernetes and Docker containerization.
- We have a DevSecOps culture with a strong focus on automation, testability, and maintainability.
- A modern software engineering group embedded inside of a financial services firm
- Teams follow a contemporary approach to software engineering focusing on test driven development, pair programing, continuous integration, distributed systems and other best practices
- Teams are empowered to deliver product requirements through cross functional team ownership
- A strong team culture inside and outside the office
- Adaptive to change and feedback from team members
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a leading global alternative asset management solutions provider for more than 50 years. We have $73 billion in assets under management that we invest across investment verticals including private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, ESG & Impact, and absolute return investment strategies.
Our team of over 530 professionals is dedicated to delivering an exceptional value proposition for our global clients. The diversity of our employees is a driving factor of success, and is critical to our ability to create and deliver value to our clients. GCM has been committed to the advancement of small, emerging, and diverse managers for 20+ years. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package focused on health and wellness, continuing education, and work-life balance.
The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul. Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V