Working as a member of the Real Estate Investments team, the Associate will be involved in all aspects of investments within the real estate vertical, including financial modeling, due diligence, structuring, execution, and asset management. The most successful candidates will be highly proactive and detail oriented with a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial mindset, and executive presence, and have a desire to join an innovative and growing team within GCM Grosvenor.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Execute due diligence on real estate investment opportunities from start to finish, including development of investment structures, financial review, creation of detailed valuation models, financial projections, investment return analyses, market research, and legal negotiation.
- Prepare documentation of investment analysis including investment memoranda and present recommendations and due diligence findings to internal committees and clients.
- Think as a principal investor, converting market knowledge and due diligence findings into well-developed investment recommendations
- Develop a broad knowledge base of the North American and European real estate markets
- Support fundraising efforts for separate account mandates and commingled funds
- Client relationship management support including ongoing portfolio management and reporting activities
- Assist with special projects on an as needed basis
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or Real Estate Finance preferred with superior academic performance.
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience as an Analyst or Associate, ideally in investment banking, private equity, real estate finance, or commercial lending.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint; proficiency with Argus, PowerBI, or Tableau a plus.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work effectively in a deal team, often on several transactions or potential opportunities simultaneously, under tight deadlines
- High degree of integrity
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to team and a goal-oriented environment
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management solutions provider with approximately $71 billion in assets under management across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute return investment strategies. The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and our experienced team of approximately 520 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
Successful team members are self-motivated and energized by working alongside thoughtful and smart colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals professionally. We are dedicated to training, retaining, and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ+ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive.
Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V